Spelthorne Borough Council would like to collect your data in order to provide you with a quote for/offer you our commercial waste service.
In order to comply with the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation, Spelthorne Borough Council must provide you with the following information about the personal data you give to us:
- the Council will use the data provided to contact you regarding the commercial waste service, as and when it becomes operational
- your information may be stored on our CRM and/or back office/in-cab system in order to track and monitor our trucks and bin lifts, but will not be used for any other purposes
- the information will not be passed on to any other third parties, or transferred out of the EU
- the Council will keep your data for 12 months from last contact, unless you become a customer and then we will keep your data for 7 years from our last contact with you, as per our retention schedule
- we are collecting your data under the legitimate interest clause of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, therefore if you do not provide this data we will be unable to contact you to provide a quotations of offer you our service
For further information about how the Council uses your personal data, including your rights as a data subject, please see the below.
If you have any direct enquiries, Spelthorne Borough Council's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the following rights:
- you have the right to be informed via Privacy Notices such as this
- you have the right to request access to and to receive a copy of any information we hold about you (including in an electronic format) - to request a copy of this information you must make a subject access request in writing
- if you find that the information Spelthorne Borough Council holds about you is no longer accurate, you have the right to ask to have this corrected
- you have the right - under certain conditions - to ask us to erase your personal data
- you may request that Spelthorne Borough Council stops processing your personal data in relation to any council service (this may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you, we will seek to comply with your request but may be required to hold or process information to comply with our legal duties)
To exercise any of these rights contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). This is an independent body responsible for making sure that organisations comply with Data Protection legislation.