Blockage on neighbouring property

If you suspect a blockage on your neighbours property, you may wish to inform them and advise that they contact Thames Water on 0845 9200 800. If a neighbour is refusing to remove a blockage for which they are responsible, you can ask for Environmental Health to intervene - all complainants' details will be handled with confidentiality. Council staff will investigate the issue and identify responsibility for its resolution.

If necessary, the Council will serve a legal notice on the property owner or occupier requiring the unblocking of the drain or sewer. Failure to comply may result in the Council arranging for the work to be carried out by a private contractor, the cost of which will be recovered from the owner or occupier, as well as an administration charge.