The guidance below is intended to help you by giving some examples of the type of information that the Council routinely makes available. Where a document is indicated within this guidance it will be the current version.

Who we are and what we do

What we spend and how we spend it

What our priorities are and how are we doing

  • Strategies developed in partnership with other authorities
  • Forward Plan - The Council's Forward Plan which details key decisions that the Council is going to take over a 25 month period
  • Local Area Agreements - Partnership agreements made by the Council by working with various groups and partnerships in the public, private, voluntary, community and faith sectors
  • Impact Assessments - Equality Impact Assessments; copies can be obtained by writing to the Deputy Chief Executive
  • Service standards
  • Public service agreements - local public service agreements administered by Surrey County Council

How we make decisions

  • Cabinet meetings
  • Committee dates for current year - Council meetings

Major policy proposals and decisions

  • Information on the Council Constitution and via public information on the Council's decision recording system
  • Information on the Forward Plans and via public information on the Council's decision recording system
  • Public consultations - Current Consultations, any summary of responses and the outcome of the consultation exercise

Our policies and procedures

Lists and registers

Available for inspection only

  • Public registers and registers held as public records - for example Register of Electors, Register of Premises Licences and Club Premises Licences and Register of Hackney Carriage Drivers
  • Asset Registers and information asset register - the Council does not have an information asset register
  • Register of councillors' financial and other interests - register of Members' interests in accordance with Section 81 of the Local Government Act 2000
  • Register of gifts and hospitality - for council staff at all levels
  • Highways, licensing, planning, commons, footpaths etc - register of Premises Licences and Club Premises Licences, Register of Hackney Carriage Drivers and register of Planning Applications. For planning applications see the My Spelthorne
  • Register of electors - the register of electors and information about the register and where it can be inspected

Services provided by the Council

Freedom of Information Officer
Freedom of Information Officer
Job Title
Freedom of Information Officer
01784 448614
Full details for Freedom of Information Officer