What proof do I need?

Documentary proof of:

  • earned income (five weekly, or two monthly, most recent consecutive payslips)
  • your self employed accounts (certified accounts or your own accounts or books) (special forms are sent for completion)
  • private, occupational pension (latest pension slip or other proof of amount received)
  • government pension (latest notification)
  • other Government benefits or pensions (latest notification)
  • Income Support (latest notification)
  • any other income (latest notification)
  • savings/capital, two months bank statements, share/savings certificates, building society books
  • other adults' income before deductions

You will need to provide the original documents to prove your identity.