Change of circumstances

You need to inform us of any change in circumstances that may affect your benefit entitlement within one calendar month. Failure to do this may result in an overpayment being made which you will have to repay.

For example:

  • if you move
  • if someone in your household, including yourself and partner, starts or ceases to receive income support
  • if any rent you receive from a sub-tenant increases or decreases
  • if someone enters or leaves your household (ie someone who stays longer than two weeks)
  • if the circumstances of someone in the household changes, eg starts work, leaves school, gets married etc
  • if you have baby
  • if your child reaches the age of 18
  • if the income of anyone in the household changes in any way, including wage increases, pension increases

If you go into hospital for a period less than 52 weeks you will not lose benefit. If you or your partner are in hospital for a period exceeding 52 weeks you must contact the Benefit Office as benefit will be downrated.

You can inform by using our change of circumstances online form.