Changing a house name

You will need to contact the Council in writing stating:

  • the existing name and address of the property
  • the proposed new name plus a second choice
  • when the change will take effect.

The Royal Mail will then be consulted. If your preferred name is not acceptable then your second choice will be considered. Once confirmation has been received that the change is acceptable the Council will:-

  • send an acknowledgement letter to you
  • notify various services including emergency services