Spelthorne Borough Council will be collecting your personal details which you provide when you contact us about the housing related strategies including taking part in any consultations the Council holds.
Section 1(1) of the 2002 Homelessness Act requires local authorities to conduct and publish a homelessness review and homelessness strategy at least every 5 years.
In order to comply with the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation, Spelthorne Borough Council must provide you with the following information about the personal data you give to us:
- the Council will use the data provided to
- reply to any emails, letters or phone calls you make about the Council's Housing Strategy, and/or
- carry out consultations on the Housing Strategy
We are able to do this as it is in the public interest.
- for consultations, the Council uses https://consult.spelthorne.gov.uk/, which is a web-based user-friendly consultation application, based in the UK. Your information is collected and kept by this application when you take part in a consultation. There is further information available to you in the terms and conditions on https://consult.spelthorne.gov.uk/
- the Council will keep your personal data for a maximum of 6 years after the last contact, or 6 years after data collection whichever is the longer - as detailed in the Council's retention policy. The consultation application will retain your data in line with their retention period. The Council will retain the responses given (anonymously) so at to retain the integrity of the data used in the formulation of the relevant policies / strategies
If you have any direct enquiries, Spelthorne Borough Council's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com
For further information about how the Council uses your personal data, including your rights as a data subject, please see Exercising your data protection rights on the Council's website.