Specsavers Surrey Youth Games
All coaching sessions will be led by qualified coaches and, from the sessions, teams will be chosen to compete in the games at Surrey Sports Park in Guildford on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 June 2017. You must register in advance to take part.
How to register your child
1. View the - Team Spelthorne coaching programme [197kb] for sports available and session dates and times
2. Important criteria
- You may book up to two sports per child, providing the competition days (Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 June) are different. Check the Team Spelthorne coaching programme [197kb] for competition days.
- Your child must either live or go to school in Spelthorne.
- Your child must be below county standard in the sport they select.
3. Register - Book your childs place here www.riderhq.com/c/surreyyouthgames
The Specsavers Surrey Youth Games is the largest annual youth sports festival in Surrey. The main aim of the games is to provide opportunities for young people to try new sports. Over 2000 young people, aged 7 to 16, will experience a competitive, countywide sporting event when they take part in the games on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 June 2017.
In preparation for the competition weekend, Spelthorne Borough Council is holding between 4 and 7 weeks of coaching sessions for each sport, which will begin in April/May. The training sessions are free of charge which offers young people a fantastic opportunity to try a new sport or improve on existing skills. At last year's Games, Spelthorne coached over 400 children and finished an impressive 3rd place overall.
For more information, contact Leisure Services on 01784 446433 or email email@example.com