Cycling for health scheme
Cycling for Health
Spelthorne Council Cycling for Health scheme was launched to encourage residents to improve their health by taking up cycling. The scheme is free and aimed at adults, offering guided rides of around 7-12 miles during the week.
Please note, the rides are not suitable for children.
To join the rides, you need:
- your own bike
- a helmet
- comfortable clothes and footwear
British Cycling's M-Check is a quick, intuitive and easy to remember routine for ensuring that your bike is in good working order and is safe before every ride. The video shows you how to systematically check your bike from front to rear in a way that will quickly become second nature. As well as helping to guarantee your safety, the M-Check will also help you become more familiar with the parts and workings of your bike.
- give you a healthier heart and immune system
- help you manage your weight
- reduce stress, anxiety and improve mental health
- help you sleep better
- improve your fitness
- cycling is a low impact activity
- it allows you to explore Spelthorne and neighbouring areas
- it is eco-friendly
- you can make new friends